There are a number of ways you can lower your car insurance in Houston Texas. They also apply to car insurance policies everywhere. Here they're ….
1) Get discounts for multi-line policies. If you hold or decide to get more than one insurance policy with the same company you qualify for some discounts with most companies. Ask your agent after you get a quote even if they don't bring it up.
2) Ask for discounts for multi-vehicle policies. If you've more than one car and ensure them all or at least two of them with the same ensurer, ask your agent for a discount.
3) You'll get discounts for safety systems in your car. You'll also get discounts for security systems. Yes, some security system manufacturers even give a form of insurance or compensation if you use their equipment. Check with the security equipment manufacturer.
4) Your driving record is a very strong factor. If you've a great driving record, you'll definitely pay far less than your colleague who's also applying for car insurance in Houston, Texas. You can help yourself by taking defensive driving lessons from an approved center.
5) Be careful with your credit history. If you miss payments you're hurting yourself. Insurers typically see it as financial irresponsibility. And, they think that if you're financially irresponsible, you're reckless on the road. Furthermore, they also see a great chance that you'll default in paying your premium.
6) You also get discounts on your car insurance if you don't make claims for a number of years. If you've not made a claim for three years, you could've qualified for a no claims bonus. Ask your agent to know your ensurer's policy on that.
7) Finally, makes sure you get quotes from sites that cover Houston, Texas. Make sure you get your quotes from at least three such sites. This will ensure you don't miss quotes from companies not covered by any of the other sites. Furthermore, make sure you use reputable sites to avoid problems later.