California has established a program for low income residents so as to make sure that everyone has and can afford . This program will assist to eradicate the number of drivers that are uninsured from the road, and consequentially reducing the financial risks of many California companies.
California companies under law requires residents to purchase a minimum of $ 15,000 bodily injury liability coverage per person, $ 30,000 per accident and $ 5,000 for damage of property. This is quite reasonable, but the ones which are usually accompanied with a high rate which then cause a financial burden on residents who do not have ways for paying for . By the execution of this plan, california companies are assisting to make available and affordable to every driver, not minding the income level.
Currently, California's new low cost program provides a narrowed down version of their present plan, permitting drivers that are qualified to purchase $ 10,000 bodily injury liability coverage per person, $ 20,000 per accident and $ 3,000 for damage of property.
Certain requirements must be met in order to qualify:
1. One must have a 3 consecutive years driving experience, with not less than 19 years of age.
2. One must not have a conviction of driving record, or a vehicle code felony.
3. In the last 3 years, one must not have a record of a fault accident that involved bodily injury or death.
4. One must not be a college student who claims to be a dependent for income tax purposes.
5. One can not possess an in-force liability policy for a different vehicle
6. One must be able to show that they have been licensed continuously for the last 18 months. Rate per vehicle – annual premium: Alameda County – $ 322.00; Contra Costa County – $ 317.00; Fresno County – $ 299.00; Imperial County – $ 210.00; Kern County – $ 239.00; Los Angeles County – $ 355.00; Orange County – $ 312.00; Riverside County – $ 246.00; Sacramento County – $ 383.00; San Bernardino County – $ 283.00; San Diego County – $ 268.00; San Francisco County – $ 322.00; San Joaquin County – $ 295.00; San Mateo County – $ 307.00; Santa Clara County – $ 290.00; Stanislaus County – $ 359.00.
Get more info about in California here …