Life Lessons to Excel at in Your 30s
While you might have been careful, and even a risk taker in your twenties, by the time you hit the thirties, it is time to take stock. Life would have already begon throwing responsibilities at you and if you do not start planning for the present and future now, it might just be too late.
Things you Must Do in your 30s
If you have not started to put your life in place, you must do it in your thirties. It is time to get your finances in order to avoid feeling the pinch later in life. You can start by purchasing a life insurance policy. Take help from a life insurance calculator to determine the most appropriate premium and cover amount.
1. Start Planning For Your Retirement – If you are one of those who thinks that your meagre savings every month would be enough for the retirement, then you must think again. Although it is true that expenses come down post retirement, but only nominally. A fairly large amount of money is needed to maintain a certain standard of living. Medical bills may also shoot up post retirement due to aging and failing health.
2. Start Taking Care of Your Health – Did you drink down a couple of extra vodka shots at the last party only to promise your wife that you would not do it the next time? But the next time, the promise is forgotten, is not it? Or you may claim to the world that you will start hitting the gym next Monday for last many Mondays. We all know that we must take care of our health and the ways to do so. Healthy eating, exercising, avoiding bad habits, such as smoking and drinking, are some of the ways. But somehow we always keep delaying it giving priority to other things. Tighten your belt and start to take care of your health now.
3. Focus on One Thing That You Can Do Really Well – Enhance your skill and master it. Doing too many things at the same time makes you master of none.
4. Think About the Family – If you are married and have children, then your responsibilities might be greater. Plan your future finances according to their needs. Take the help of a life insurance calculator to get the right life insurance policy.
5. Take Risks – The 30s are the time when you can take risks. Contrary to popular belief, it is okay if you do not have things figured out by the time you turn 30. You still have time; take risks, explore your options and then decide on what's best for you. Do not stick to something you would not be happy doing later.
Spend time with people who can care about you and keep negative people away, as they bring negative energy. Be positive towards life and implement it in your decisions. Start by getting life insurance with the help of a life insurance calculator.